Thu, Aug 17|
Aug 18, 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM EDT
Suicide Loss Support Group Facilitator Training
A 2-day Suicide Loss Support Group Facilitator training using Dr. Alan Wolfelt’s companioning model. Presented by Robbie Graham & Denise Meine-Graham. REGISTER BY MAY 26th! (Registration is for counties that received DMHA GLS Suicide Prevention LOSS Team grant seed money and are contract compliant)
Time & Location
Aug 17, 2023, 10:30 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
Aug 18, 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM EDT , Ball State: L.A. Pittenger Student Center
About the event
Robbie and Denise have both completed 150+ hours of in-person study with Dr Alan Wolfelt and have their Death and Grief Studies Certification. They have facilitated 10+ closed support groups for loss survivors each using Dr Wolfelt’s model. At this training participants will receive a Facilitators Guide, Participant Book, Participant Journal, and a Facilitator binder detailing the curriculum. Participants can expect an in-depth discussion and role plays regarding the essential skills of facilitating Dr. Wolfelt’s model of suicide loss survivor support groups
Who is this for?
- Existing support group facilitators interested in learning a new curriculum
- Prospective support group facilitators
- Lay caregivers (suicide loss survivors) and counselors
When and where will the book study take place?
- Thursday August 17th 10:30am – 4:00pm and Friday August 18th 8:30am-3:00pm
- Ball State University: L.A. Pittenger Student Center Ball State University Room #301-2
What do I need to do?
- Register by May 26th.
- Book a hotel room! The cost of travel and hotel can be applied towards the LOSS Team seed money grant you received!
- You can expect more details as the August date gets closer